Scroll down to fill out your application online.
Garkane will provide you with the best possible electric service at the lowest possible rate. As a member of Garkane Energy you will be a part-owner (Member-Owner) of a thriving business and we would like you to think of us in this way too.
If you are new to the area, either building a home, purchasing a home, renting a home, or need temporary power, please fill out the application and bring it into the nearest business office or fax it to one of the numbers below, or if you scroll down, you can fill out the application solely online. I am aware of the $50 connection fee which will be billed on my first statement. Unless I provide a Letter of Credit from my previous Utility Company I will be required to make a security deposit with Garkane. This amount is an estimate of three months service or $170 which ever is greater for residential service. A security deposit is required for all renters.
DOWNLOAD ACCOUNT APPLICATION
- Electric / Account Service Application (printable form)
Loa Office - 120 W. 300 S. Loa, UT 84747 - Fax # 435-836-2497
Hatch Office - 468 North Hwy 89 Hatch, UT 84735 - Fax # 435-735-4312
Kanab Office - 1802 S. Hwy 89a Kanab, UT 84741 - Fax # 435-644-8120
Colorado City/HIldale - 1185 West Utah Avenue Hildale, UT 84784
APPLICATION FOR SERVICE
Fill out the following information for service. By adding your name in the signature field, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
The undersigned (hereinafter called ("applicant") hereby applies for membership in and agrees to purchase electric energy from Garkane Energy Cooperative, Inc. (hereinafter called the "Cooperative") upon the following terms and conditions:
1. Applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws of the Cooperative, and such rules and regulations as may from time to time be adopted by the Cooperative.
2. Applicant assumes no personal liability or responsibility for any debts or liabilities of the Cooperative, and it is expressly understood that under the law his/her private property is exempt from execution for any such debts or liabilities.
3. Applicant understands and agrees that he will not become a Member of the Cooperative unless and until this application is expressly accepted by the Board of Directors.
4. Applicant agrees to make all payments to the Cooperative at one of its Business Offices or at such other location as designated by the Cooperative. If legal suit is commenced to collect amounts due the Cooperative, Applicant agrees and acknowledges that such action may be filed, at the option of the Cooperative, in any county in which services were received by Applicant with all costs incurred in collecting the same including court costs and attorney fees to be paid by Applicant.
5. Consistent with the Cooperative's Bylaws, Applicant, as property owner, hereby grants to the Cooperative rights-of-way to place, construct, operate, maintain and replace power lines and equipment associated with the provision of electricity, and to cut and trim trees and shrubbery to keep them clear of power lines, consistent with prudent utility practice, including the excavation, replacement, and repair of underground facilities.
Once you have sent your application, please allow 30 minutes for processing before contacting any Garkane office.